22R 22RE Rebuilt Stage 2 Toyota Engine 1985-95
I’m sure you’ve all seen the “$999 rebuilt 22RE”. Some of you may have even bought one…. 30k miles later (if you’re lucky) you’re back online looking for ANOTHER engine!
You simply CANNOT build a quality engine for a thousand bucks!
Your original engine most likely gave you 20-30 years of trouble free service, so we’ve got “big shoes to fill” when we build your next engine. Well… we’re up for that challenge! We do some pretty fancy stuff to to make sure our engines will hold up to the next 200,000 miles.
This is a “Stage 2” level rebuild using the best parts available. If you’re looking for a little (or a lot) more performance, check out our Stage 3. Still not enough? Give us a call, we can talk about stage 5’s, huge valves, big turbos, and nasty cams……We love custom builds!!!
- NEW CYLINDER HEAD WITH INTAKE & EXHAUST PORTS GASKET MATCHED
- INTAKE AND EXHAUST RUNNERS ARE HUGE, SMOOTHED AND POLISHED
- STAGE-2 CAM
- COMETIC MLS HEAD GASKET
- 75LB VALVE SPRINGS
- VALVES ARE ADJUSTED AND ENGINE IS SET AT TDC #1
- ARP HEAD STUDS
- REBUILD ROCKER ASSEMBLY (WITH NEW ROCKERS)
- POWDER COATED VALVE COVER (installed)
- OEM FRONT AND REAR SEAL (installed)
- OEM (OSK) TIMING SET WITH STEEL GUIDE
- NEW TIMING COVER
- NEW OEM (AISIN) OIL PUMP
- NEW OEM AISIN WATER PUMP
- RESIZED RODS (both ends with new pin bushings)
- CAST PISTON with TEFLON COATED SKIRTS
- HASTINGS CHROMOLY RINGS
- RODS AND PISTONS ARE BALANCED
- BRASS FREEZE PLUGS
- WATER AND OIL PLUGS ARE NEW
- REGROUND CRANKSHAFT (WITH NEW PLUGS & KEYS)
- KING BEARINGS
- OIL PAN AND PICK UP TUBE (installed)
- INSTALL GASKETS INCLUDED
- 6 QTS. BREAK-IN OIL
Add-On Performance Items:
- Dual Row Conversion $319.95
- Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods $359.95
- ARP Main Studs $99.95
- ARP Rod Bolts $64.95
- Adjustable Cam Gear $150 NOT INTENDED FOR STREET USE IN CALIFORNIA
NOTE: The Valve Cover will be Powder coat matte black and not Aluminum color
Core and warranty
This engine comes with a ONE Year Unlimited Mile Warranty. Please see our Terms Page for more details on the warranty.
The Core includes the Engine, Valve Cover and Oil Pan. A core charge of $400 is required, unless you’re sending your core to us first. Please choose the core charge option when checking out.
Please allow 30 days for your core charge to be returned after we receive your core and inspect it according to the core return guidelines.
Please see the Core & Warranty Policy page to see what qualifies as a rebuildable core. You can bring your core when you pick up your engine or make arrangements to have it shipped to us. You are responsible for the shipping and transportation cost of your core. When shipping your core, it may cost as much as your core charge. In that case, we still encourage you to send some of the lighter weight items from your core to us. We can’t make bad ass engines without cores, so we would rather have your core than your money.
THE LEAD TIME MAY VARY, SO PLEASE CALL TO VERIFY
If you have any other questions about the engine or core, please feel free to call us at (209) 869-6821 or email