*** YOTA1 PERFORMANCE, INC. HAS RELOCATED, SEE BELOW FOR ADDRESS DETAILS***
- Cometic MLS Head Gasket for 22R, 22RE, 22RTE 1981-1995
Cometic MLS Head Gasket for 22R, 22RE, 22RTE 1981-1995
We use this gasket with ARP studs in all of our stage 3, 4, and 5 engines. Why? Cause there's nothing better.
When you get tired of replacing the head gasket on your R series engine, try this.
Cometic MLS (Multi Layer Steel)
Toyota 22R 2.4L 81-95 ( EFI , Carb and Turbo)
The Cometic MLS gasket is comprised of three to five layers of Stainless Steel. Cometic uses Stainless steel for increased strength, its ability to rebound and corrosion resistance. The outer layers of the gasket are embossed and coated on both sides with a Viton rubber material designed to meet the demands of a variety of harsh sealing environments, load conditions and surface finishes. The Viton coating is heat resistant to 250C or 482F.
The center or shim layer of the gasket is comprised of an uncoated Stainless Steel layer, which can be varied to accommodate multiple thickness requirements. The MLS gasket is ideal for any kind of head and block combination. By design the MLS gasket promotes an even torque load across the sealing surface allowing for measurable reduced bore distortion.
1. This Gasket is not designed for use on engines with O-rings or receiver grooves.
2. Always refer to the fastener manufacturer to determine accurate torque values.
3. A surface finish of 50 RA (roughness average) or finer is recommended for proper gasket seal.
4. Please don't add another sealer to the Cometic Cylinder Head Gaskets, it goes on dry because they're coated with a sealant .